Call for Abstracts
The 4th World Journalism Education Congress will be held at the Auckland University of Technology in Auckland, New Zealand on July 14 to 16, 2016. It follows the successful third congress held in Mechelen, Belgium, in July 2013. (For details see www.wjec.ac.nz and http://wjec.ou.edu/congress.html)
With the support of journalism education organizations worldwide, the Congress is designed to provide a discussion forum on common issues and interests and a foundation for supporting the continuing development of journalism and journalism education around the globe.
The WJEC is inviting academic paper abstracts related to the wider issue of journalism education for presentation as refereed research papers at the conference.
Abstracts will be accepted on any topics related to mass communication but submitters are encouraged to focus their submissions on the broader conference theme, “Identity and Integrity in Journalism Education” and to specifically relate their work to:
- Mobile/Social/User-generated Media and Journalism
- Research Trends in Journalism
- Utilizing the Professional Connection in Journalism Education
- 21st Century Ethical Issues in Journalism
- Journalism Education and an Informed Citizenry
- Journalism Programs Offered by the Industry
- Journalism Education in the South Pacific
- Journalism Education in Asia
Abstract submission guidelines: WJEC invites interested presenters to electronically submit abstracts only (minimum 500 words; maximum 800 words) by December 1, 2015.
The main WJEC conference page: http://www.wjec.aut.ac.nz/
WJEC special Asia-Pacific page is: http://www.pmc.aut.ac.nz/projects/4th-world-journalism-education-congress-conference-asia-pacific-connection