ASIAN MEDIA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION CENTRE, INC. (AMIC)
28th ANNUAL CONFERENCE
September 25-27, 2020 | Communication University of China, Beijing China
CALL FOR PAPERS
Communication 2020: Diversity in Unity
The Silk Road Legacy
The Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC) invites submission of abstracts for parallel sessions during the 28th AMIC Annual Conference 2020. It will be held on 25 -27 September 2020 at the Communication University of China, Beijing China. The deadline to submit abstracts is on 30 May 2020. Please refer to separate document for discussion of the conference theme.
Abstracts must be submitted via the ScholarOne Abstracts (amic2020.abstractcentral.com).
Please refer to separate document for discussion of the conference theme.
- The 21st Century as the Asian Century: Role of the Communication Media
- Voices of Asia in An Expanding Media Landscape
- Chinese Descent of Asian Communication Scholars: Perspectives and Insights
- Reimaging Asia: Rediscovering West Asia and Central Asia
- From Inconvenient Truth to Incontrovertible Fact: Global Warming in Asia
INITIAL PARALLEL SESSION THEMES
- Communication Education & Research
- Communication Education in the 21st century Industrial Revolution
- Towards An Asian Higher Education Area
- Communication Research Agenda for Asian Scholars in the 21st Century
- Asian Research Methods: Fact or Fake?
Communication Strategies & Practices
- Sharing Good Health Promotion & Communication Practices
- Gender in Communication Media Practices and Policies Across Asia
- Environment Communication Challenges in Asia
- Coverage of Migration Issues in Asian Mainstream and Social Media
- How Communication is Changing Political Dynamics and Governance in Asia
- Peace Communication (including Conflict-Sensitive Reporting) in Asia’s Troubled Lands
- Communicating Mental Health Issues in Asia
Journalism & Communication Issues
- Reimaging and Reimagining Media and Information Literacy (MIL)
- Disinformation Order Studies: What We Know and Need to Know
- Asian Images and Media Representations
- Asian Images in Film, TV, and Online Streams
- Back to Basics: Ethics and Values in Asian Communication Media
- Media and Society, Freedom and Responsibility
- Journalists Safety and Protection: Challenges and Success Stories
- Regulation, Co-Regulation or De-Regulation of New Media
- Journalism 5.0: Doing Journalism in Today’s Cyber World
- Managing Newsrooms in a Converged Media
- Gamifying Life: Education & Leisure
Communication in History, Culture & Religion
- Dialogue between Confucian and Islamic Cultures
- Identity, Ethnicity, and Religion (and how they are Miscommunicated)
- Pop Cultures in Asia: Who’s Defining, Who’s Copying
- Agenda for Indigenous Media: Archiving, Reviving, and Reformatting
- Media Histories –Cherishing our Past: Individuals, Institutions, and Technologies
Information Communication Technology
- Cyberwellness for Asian Children
- Understanding Asian Generation Z’s Communication Styles & Behavior
- Communication With and Within the Internet of Things
- Inhabiting the Mobile Ecosystem and the Negotiated Space
Communication Media Issues in China
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
All abstract submissions must be made via ScholarOne Abstracts (amic2020.abstractcentral.com). Abstracts and papers sent to personal e-mail addresses of conference organizers and AMIC Officers will not be entertained.
FREE PUBLICATION SERVICES
All accepted abstracts will be included in the AMIC 2020 Abstract Book with ISSN.
PUBLICATION IN AMIC CO-OWNED JOURNALS PUBLISHED BY ROUTLEDGE (TAYLOR & FRANCIS)
Papers presented during the conference will be considered for publication in either the Asian Journal of Communication (AJC) or Media Asia. However, they have to go through the review and approval process adopted by Taylor and Francis which publishes these journals.
Papers will be selected on a competitive basis and all submissions will undergo blind peer review by randomly assigned expert reviewers. Abstracts must be submitted from 15 January 2020 to 30 May 2020.
Decisions on acceptance of abstracts will be communicated to applicants by AMIC Secretariat no later than 10 July 2020.
For those whose abstracts are accepted, full conference papers are to be submitted by 31 August 2020. Only those who have submitted full papers are eligible to present. Early submission is strongly encouraged.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Format of abstracts
- Should be written in English
- Must have the following parts
- Title of Paper
- Keywords (at least five)
- Should be written in English
- Should be at most 350 words in length ONLY.
Format of Full Papers
If your abstract is approved for presentation, you will be required to submit the full paper prior to the conference. The full paper should adhere to the following requirements:
- should be written in English
- be of 5,000-8,000 words in length
- have citation in APA style
- should be Microsoft Word or RTF document
- Font should be Times New Roman, 12 pts
Criteria For Review
Criteria to be used to evaluate abstracts include the following:
- Relevance of the topic to the conference theme
- Well-defined topics /issue(s) to be examined and discussed
- Originality and innovativeness of topic
- Adherence to solid research design and methodology (for research-based papers)
- Limitations identified (for research-based papers)
- Good language and writing quality and logical organization of paper
- Potential contributions to the advancement of communication theory, research and practice
Criteria to be used to evaluate full papers include the following:
- Extensive and appropriate literature review
- Good writing quality, e.g., style is clear and engaging
- Logical organization of the paper
- In-depth and evidence-based analysis and conclusions
- Concrete recommendations for research, policy, and action projects
Note to all authors
- By submitting your paper, you agree that if your paper is selected, you will register for the conference and present the paper. All co-authors attending and/or presenting at the conference are also required to register.
- Only those who have submitted full papers are eligible to present at the conference.
- Only the authors present in the conference will be given certificate of presentation.
- Only abstracts and full papers presented in the conference will be included in the 2020 Book of Abstracts.
- For more information, please contact AMIC Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.All presenters must confirm their attendance on or before 7 September 2020.
Abstracts due (including author declaration form) 30 May 2020
Notification of acceptance 10 July 2020
Final abstracts due and Travel Advisory 03 August 2020
Full papers due 31 August 2020
Confirmation of Attendance 07 September 2020
Deadline of Early Bird registration 07 September 2020