Dear AMIC Members,
Once again, “it’s the most wonderful time of the year” (with apologies to American singer Andy Williams) when we take stock of our achievements and start planning for what we wish to accomplish this coming 2015. I am sure the holiday fever has also caught many of us. But before you get too absorbed with your preparations for the fast-approaching holidays, may I remind you that it is also time to renew your membership with Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC).
You may recall that as member of AMIC, you are part of Asia Pacific’s most prestigious professional association of communication media scholars and practitioners.
Your benefits as an AMIC member includes:
· Discounted subscription to the Asian Journal of Communication, print edition;
· Free US$200-subscription to Media Asia, online edition;
· Discounts on all other AMIC publications, including books;
· Participation in AMIC international conferences at discounted rates;
· Opportunities to participate and present papers at AMIC’s annual international conference and to avail yourselves of discounted conference fees; and
· Broad networking and collaborative opportunities with media and communication professionals and academics.
Please pay your annual fee by sending your payment made out to the Asian Media Information and Communication Centre Ltd or via Pay Pal Account firstname.lastname@example.org. You may pay to our AMIC country representatives as well. Also, invite your colleagues to join our network of about 300 communication professionals. We are also open to institutional membership.
In my earlier letter, I announced that our next annual conference will be in Dubai on 10-13 June 2015 with the American University in Dubai as our partner. I hope you will join us and perhaps you can present a paper. Details are in our website at www.amic.org.sg. The deadline for submission of paper abstract for review is on 05 January 2015.
Thank you very much. I look forward to your active participation in AMIC events in 2015.
Very truly yours,
RAMON R. TUAZON