The internship/on-the-job training program is a project-oriented learning opportunity for undergraduate students to gain experience through assignments based on AMIC’s current operational needs.
AMIC advertises its internship assignments once a year and welcomes driven, creative, and self-directed individuals to apply.
The program offers students the opportunity to
- Work for 250-400 hours in a major international association for communication, professionals;
- Work collaboratively with other trainees/interns on industry-relevant assignments;
- Gain a deeper understanding on management of social media platforms, corporate website, contact lists and databases; production of marketing collaterals; and email marketing;
- Contribute to AMIC through various program and administrative tasks; and
- Receive complimentary access to the library of AMIC and the Asian Institute of Journalism and Communication (AIJC) from the start of the program until three months after the date of completion.
Internship candidates must be
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate-level program (Communication, Journalism, Advertising or other programs directly related to AMIC’s work);
- Competent in English oral and written communication; and
- Adept at using MS Office and similar applications.
By the end of the program, the trainee/intern will be able to learn
- Basic email marketing and correspondence;
- Management of contact directories (media, higher education institutions, Public Information Offices, nongovernment organizations, AMIC members) and other data;
- Content management of social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram);
- Website development and maintenance;
- Design and layout of corporate collaterals;
- Product photography and basic photo retouching; and
- Other basic skills in the workplace such as recordkeeping and file management, drafting minutes of meetings, and preparing audio transcriptions.
The internship application process is online through the AMIC Secretariat. Eligible candidates may apply by sending their CVs, three sample written works, and the contact information of their internship/OJT coordinator, together with a cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline of submission is on August 30, 2018. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
To avoid errors in submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period in submitting their internship applications.
AMIC evaluates applications based on eligibility requirements, relevance of academic background, and the candidate’s level of interest and motivation to contribute to AMIC’s work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.