join our blogging and vlogging contest on the theme:
Disturbing the Asian Millennials: Some Creative Responses
Win cash and other prices !
Open to teachers and students
- The essay contest is open to all Asians—with two separate categories:
(a) For college teachers in communication, English, communication arts, Media Information Literacy (MIL) and related courses, and
(b) College students enrolled in communication degree courses (communication arts, mass communication, journalism, broadcasting, and social media).
- The contest is sponsored by the Asian Media Information and Communication Centre (AMIC) based in Manila.
- Officers and staff of the sponsoring organization are disqualified from joining the contest.
- The contest will run from February 15 to April 30, 2018. The winners will be announced in the mass media and social media not later than May 30, 2018.
- The contestants are to blog/vlog on the theme of the coming AMIC Annual International Conference.
- The blog and vlog entries must be in English.
- All entries must be grammatically sound and conform to standards of good English.
- The blogs and vlogs may either tell stories or express opinion.
- Entries containing dirty, foul and offensive language are subject to immediate disqualification.
- The vlogs should be in landscape orientation and at least 640 x 480 resolution. Vlog entries must not be more than three (3) minutes. It is advised that the entries be uploaded in the participants’ Youtube account for easier linking and dissemination to the judges.
- The vlog entries will be judged on the basis of their compelling visuals, and impressions they convey to their audiences.
- Blogs must not exceed 1,000 words.
- The blogs will be judged in the basis of their impact on the readers.
Criteria for Judging
In detail, the blog and vlog entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
|By the Panel of Judges|
|Relevance of content
The contestants are encouraged to access the AMIC website (www.amic.asia) and the AMIC conference website ________ for background information about the organization, conference and conference theme before writing their essays. Contestants may do additional research and interviews as needed before writing their essays.
Submission of Entries
- Each participant is allowed to submit one entry only.
- Contest participants must register online at the official website of AMIC (https://amic.asia/amic-annual-conference/26th-amic-annual-conference-india-2018/competitions) and fill out the AMIC Vlogging and Blogging Competition online registration/entry form. AMIC will only accept entries submitted online through the AMIC website.
- The link to the entries will be automatically forwarded to the country representatives who will shortlist and send three (3) finalists from each country for each category to AMIC Manila.
- Deadline for the online submission of entries is on April 30, 2018 (Monday) at 11:30 p.m. Philippine Standard Time. The submission portal will automatically close and reject any entries that will be submitted after the deadline.
The contestants must identify their country of residence when they submit their entries.
Screening of Entries
The decisions of the judges are final.
- The entries to the competition will first be screened by the country representatives.
- For each country-screening, the judges shall select the top three (3) entries for each category that will eventually move on to the grand finals of the competition.
- All the grand finalists under the Teacher and Student categories will be formally notified by AMIC via email through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final judging day will be in May 2018 and the results announced before the conference starts June 7, 2018. There will be first, second and third prizes for each category.
- AMIC Manila will launch online voting on May 1, 2018. A voting guide will be released upon announcing the finalists to the contest.
- Online votes will be monitored and validated by AMIC Secretariat.
The winners (six teachers and six students) will be given the following prizes:
- Cash prizes of USD 300 for first, USD 200 for second and USD 100 for third places.
- Free Basic AMIC memberships for one year which will entitle them to one-year subscriptions to two online editions of AMIC journals—the Asian Journal of Communication and Media Asia.
- Fifty per cent discount in registration fees in the coming AMIC annual conference June 7-9, 2018 at Karnataka, India.