The 4th World Journalism Education Congress (WJEC) will be held in Auckland, New Zealand from July 14 to July 16, 2016.
The WJEC will be hosted by Auckland University of Technology’s School of Communication Studies.
It will provide a discussion forum on socio-technological changes that impact on the journalism and journalism education worldwide.
The WJEC was occasioned by contemporary developments that signal significant shifts in the place of journalism programmes within the academe and the broader educational environment, and in relationships with industry and wider society.The implications of this transition will be WJEC’s focus.
Journalism Education in the Asia-Pacific will also be a strong feature of the conference, in partnership with the Pacific Media Centre.
Topics to be discussed at the WJEC include:
- Mobile/Social/User-generated Media and Journalism
- Research Trends in Journalism
- Utilising the Professional Connection Work in Journalism Education
- 21st Century Ethical Issues in Journalism
- Journalism Education and an Informed Citizenry
- Journalism Programmes Offered by the Industry
- Journalism Education in the South Pacific
- Journalism Education in Asia
For inquiries from the Asia-Pacific, please contact Professor David Robie, New Zealand Country Representative of AMIC and 2015 AMIC Communication Awardee.