ASIAN MEDIA INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION CENTRE (AMIC)
24th AMIC Annual Conference
Communicating in an e-Asia: values, technologies and challenges
In partnership with
American University in Dubai (AUD), Dubai
10 – 13 June, 2015
CALL FOR PAPERS
Papers will be selected on a competitive basis and all submissions will be screened by an expert panel.
Deadline extended to February 5, 2015!
Abstracts due: 05 January, 2015
Full papers due: 16 March, 2015
Abstracts and papers should be submitted via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please do not send papers to the personal e-mail addresses of conference organizers.
Papers accepted for presentation at the cancelled 2014 AMIC Conference in Thailand still qualify for presentation. Authors should confirm their intent to present on or before 05 January 2015.
There will also be an Arabic-track for this conference arranged by AUD. The information for the Arabic submissions will be handled via the AUD conference website (coming soon).
FORMAT FOR ABSTRACTS
Indicate your proposed “Conference Stream” in the subject line of your e-mail.
E-mail should contain the following:
- Paper title
- Author name, position, institution
- Short biography of Author (100 words)
- Paper abstract (500 words)
FORMAT FOR PAPERS
Indicate “Full Paper” and relevant conference stream in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Should be written in English
- Be of 5,000-8,000 words in length
- Have citation in APA Style
- Should be Microsoft Word or RTF document. Font should be Times New Roman, 12 pts. Please use plain text and not formatting.
For more information please contact:
Mr. Ramon Tuazon (email@example.com)
Note to all authors: By submitting your paper, you agree that if your paper is selected, you will register for the conference and present the paper. All co-authors attending and/or presenting at the conference must register too.
CRITERIA FOR REVIEW
Criteria to be used to evaluate abstracts include the following:
- Relevance of the topic to the conference theme
- Well-defined topics /issue(s) to be examined and discussed
- Originality and innovativeness of topic
- Adherence to solid research design and methodology (for research-based papers)
- Limitations identified (for research-based papers)
- Good language and writing quality and logical organization of paper
- Potential contributions to the advancement of communication theory, research and practice
Criteria to be used to evaluate abstracts/full papers include the following:
- Extensive and appropriate literature review
- Good writing quality, e.g., style is clear and engaging
- Logical organization of paper
- In-depth and evidence-based analysis and conclusions
- Concrete recommendations for research, policy, and action projects